17 February 2009

Liz


I was driving somewhere and stopped at a little Farm Shop. As I got out of the car, a head appeared at the farm shop doorway and smiled quickly, before darting back in. I immediately noticed that she had a face I'd like to photograph - especially her smile.
As I was paying at the till, I asked her if I could and explained about this project. She replied 'if you must' and laughed. I took a couple of shots quite quickly, she moved quite a lot, but it was the final one that produced the smile I'd seen, it appeared as we heard footsteps approaching the shop and we were wondering how we were going to explain this.

4 comments:

  1. Good one! I like the little stories of how you got the pictures almost as much as I like the pictures themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment!
    I'm very relived my rambling on isn't boring. Well, it isn't boring you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maxine, This is she! I have been hunting for ages to see how it turned out and couldn't remember the web address. Many google searches later..... I'm happy to see i don't look too bad after all. Thank goodness for B & W so no-one can see the hideous shade of pink scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so glad you found it and like it. I think it's lovely. You are the first person I've photographed to leave a comment and I'm very excited about it! thank you! Max x

    ReplyDelete