20 May 2009

Lorna



"I taught for a long time. But I didn't enjoy it particularly! I certainly wouldn't enjoy it nowadays"

I spotted Lorna from quite a distance. She has great style. The sort of style you imagine a person has always had. She is sparky and quick

"I was born in 1922. I left school and worked in an office. Then the war came. I worked as a mental deficiency nurse - as it was called then. There was then a shortage of teachers - they developed a fast track teacher training thing and I signed up for it - that's how I ended up in Norfolk. I was born in Liverpool but I have been here a lot longer than I was up north.
I only ever wish I'd gone to France. I just wish I'd done that, but I when I was young and could get the most from it. It's too late now"

No comments:

Post a Comment