17 June 2009

Alex



"I remember playing in a waterfall as a child, near my home"

Alex was painting a wooden structure at Bewilderwood, an adventure park in Norfolk. All of the amazing treehouses there have been beautifully painted and illustrated and Alex did this. I was spending some time there, without my children, and spotted Alex as I was leaving. I peered through the wire fence that was protecting the painting area and asked her - she agreed to be photographed.

"I grew up in Hong Kong, didn't leave until I was 13. And it took years to get used to being here. Such a change. The wildlife and surroundings of Hong Kong are absolutely beautiful and it's what I remember most of all..."

"....I am a local artist. I sometimes exhibit. I paint landscapes, portraits, all sorts"


No comments:

Post a Comment