18 June 2009

Colin


"So much of the art has disappeared"

Colin was talking to me about his work, he designs buildings. We also talked about photography, he has had an interest in it for years and we talked about the phasing out of film photography - how clever digital is, but how much less beautiful the process seems. We talked about how many of us still have our equipment and chemicals sat in the loft!

"I've still got my old camera, but I can't buy the film for it anymore...this is the problem..."

"...I'd love to go to Italy, they've always had great design. The buildings...this is what has been lost. Design based manufacturing. It's all disappearing. It all comes back to money. The years I spent when I was younger at Art College, I went to the Royal College Of Art, were some of the best"

No comments:

Post a Comment