6 August 2009

Zeynep



"I said yes because I understand this sort of thing"

Zeynep is naturally creative and interested - she will be going to Art College soon. She didn't hesitate to agree to taking part in this project. She spoke with me a little about being a muslim in this country - her experiences have been very positive. She was completely okay about me asking questions. I had been curious about the fact that if I have asked a muslim women who is married, they have said no - or more usually the men they are with have said no. Zeynep was able to explain more to me about this and it helped me understand. I felt rather embarrassed about my ignorance, so I appreciated her talking with me about it.

"we were so excited to move to the UK all those years ago. Our father loves the UK and we picked up that excitement"

No comments:

Post a Comment